Monday, October 09, 2006

Day to day living


My life in the last few weeks has largely revolved around painting, mowing lawns, raking leaves and generally enjoying the great outdoors. Went horse riding the other day and had a fab time. Group of the staff went out. We rode "western" as opposed to "english" - random insight - riding western is like riding a harley (laid back) while riding english is like riding a suzuki (up tight)..........so much to learn so little time.
Went to my first "sports bar" too. Consists of dozens of high tables with stools and around 20 TVs all showing different games of college football (gridiron) and motor racing, with random music booming out over the top of everything - including the cheering from the various groups watching different games. Also had the compulsory pint of beer and fried chicken wings!
Had my first driving experience too. Drove on the highway (and interstate) and around Santa Fe. All went well and K was very good at giving directions. Helped that it was Sunday so not nearly as much traffic as there might have been, still busier than Wellington on the average weekday I have to say.
Found a few more jobs to apply for and am slowly getting my CV (resume here) into a format that might work (four pages means I have to really target). Am really interested in at least two of the jobs but not sure that I am an absolute fit for at least one of them. Spend quite a lot of time trying to imagine what the next part of my life looks like and where I might be living. Everytime I see a "maybe" job I go to the map and have a look at where it is and wander what it might be like to live in "that" city.
In a couple of weeks time I head off to Denver for a week as there is a big visit on at the ranch and its a good opportunity for me to have a look around. Its only an hour away flying and I found what looks like a nice hotel that isn't too expensive but in an okay part of town.
Weather here is starting to get cooler and we even had some rain (apparently a rare and special thing - although they do get covered in snow at the height of winter).

1 comment:

Jody said...

We could run a small straw pole just to test how many times I have said "I am giving up corporate life" and heading for the country! When in cowboy country..........can't imagine what might happen if I end up in San Fran.