Sunday, February 22, 2009

Just to prove I do more than work

.....I did have a small adventure this week!  Yesterday I headed off to the Santa Cruz Clam Chowder Festival.  Michelle, Marcia, Dee and I headed down to the boardwalk to join the masses......and I mean masses.  Place was jam packed.  Grand fun though - you buy a tasting kit that has 5 tickets in it, paper cup and spoon (serviette too!).  Then you walk around and choose which chowder you want to try.  There were dozens to choose from.  If you want to you can then vote on your favourite.  Tasting sizes are relatively small....still I was hard pushed to use up all five tickets so stopped at four......Dee and I shared a giant can of beer as well (they do everything big here) so I think that filled me up along the way!  After the tasting three of us decided to do one of the rides - the Fireball....says it all really.  Mostly these things make me laugh hysterically (okay so it's restrained hysteria....but you get the picture), Michelle provided the screams and Marcia the wahoos.  We couldn't convince Dee; the possibility of throwing up put her off (none of us did but someone on the ride was less fortunate....I didn't see that so it proved to be good clean fun for me).  We then went on a second ride (all of us) that was less thrill but provided a wonderful sensation of flying - nice.

No comments: