Saturday, August 08, 2009

Keep'n on keep'on

Been an interesting busy few weeks.  I have joined the gym and got myself a personal trainer (feels not unlike Army training!).  Actually my first session with him is today but I've been at the gym and/or using the exercycle all week - get my body used to the idea that exercise is now at the center of it's world!
Michelle and I are off to see the King Tut exhibition on Sunday.  First we are visiting with Ruby and Mary in San Fran....Ruby being my roomie during the academic year.  Not sure if I mentioned this but Ruby was the person who "discovered" Whale Rider.  She was selecting movies for the Toronto Film Fesitival and came across a very raw tape of Whale Rider - decided it was a great pick and invited the film makers to the festival - that was the launch of Whale Rider into the world!  
I haven't seen my pal Dee since I got back from NZ, she lives in San Fran so we always have to be a little organized about catching up (she has the beach house down the coast that I've mentioned before).  Bonus - she's in town overnight so I'm going to head over there for dinner this evening.  
I'm counting down the days to our big quarterly release - these are the ones where I stay in San Jose, get not much sleep and lots of stress (love it!).  I don't think it's going to be as painful as March (well I'm hoping not) and I have more of my people involved this time so I'm not working all the nightshifts.  Sadly it's the exact time Ruth and Karyn are visiting so I'm not going to see alot of them (and if things don't go well.....even less than I am planning!). 

No comments: