Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thinking outloud

So I'm kind of bored - shouldn't be, it's quarter end so lots of busyness at work, couple of staff "challenges", personal trainer twice a week, acupuncture once a week, running running running AND organizing NZ adventures for May.....okay bored is an overstatement, but I have to justify my current little obsession - noticing random, largely irrelevant factoids.  This weeks batch:

  • President Obama used 22 pens to sign the health care reform bill into law. They are being given as gifts to some special folks who helped get the bill passed
  • Oscar winners live, on average, 4 years longer than nominees who don't win.  Must be true the NY Times said so
  • Muscle is not heavier than fat, it's all about density and volume (well maybe everyone knew this but I had in my mind muscle weighs more than fat, nope, wrong and duh, when I think about it of course it's wrong a pound of fat = a pound of muscle, cos it's all a pound - I hate it when I am stupid)
  • The September 2007 issue of Vogue weighed a record breaking 5+lbs and was 840 pages.  I know this because I watched The September Issue which documented the making of the magazine by following editor-in-chief Anna Wintour (also known as Nuclear Wintour, because she is so cold and distant with people.....my 5th factoid)
While I fear that sharing this doesn't make me more interesting to anyone else it does, in reality, keep me hugely entertained and The September Issue was worth watching!

No comments: