Saturday, November 17, 2012

Roseville

Interesting week in Roseville......Around 70 people turned up for the three days of workshops, presentations etc etc.  It's been interesting for me as I'm leading one exercise that I'm not actually an expert in, although it seems having some type of business degree can be helpful!!!!  I presented to a small group and now I am helping to facilitate some additional working sessions.  I fall in and out of feeling confident presenting to groups and really admire people who can routinely stand up in front of large crowds and present with ease.  The HP campus we were on once housed 6000 people, now most of the buildings are closed down, so it was somewhat eerie to drive around.  The office layout is cubicles but the walls were so high that you can't look over them, so often it felt like nobody was in the building.  The meeting rooms were windowless as well, adding to the sense of isolation.
I stayed in a hotel next to possibly the largest shopping mall I have ever seen.  At one point I drove in circles trying to figure out how to get back on the street.  I didn't actually go shopping but was instead looking for the supermarket.....suffice to say my sense of direction remains challenged.
It is nice to be home and I am inclined to think that I really do like working locally and not being a traveller.  Although there is always a possibility I will get staffed outside of the Valley......

No comments: