Sunday, January 19, 2014

January

I can't believe it's the end if January. NZ seems a distant memory but full of warmth as we spent time in Auckland (Rosie's 50th), Havelock (family Xmas) and Queenstown. All bringing their own adventures. Notable in Queenstown was a short day walk on the Routeburn. I haven't been on the track for maybe 25yrs when I was Army PR and went with the then Minister of Defence, Warren Cooper to see the Army Engineers repairing the track after a big storm. He was a keen runner and ran most of it....not so easy to keep up with in Army boots. Funny too, he stayed on the track so late we ended up
being helicoptered out. Anyway it was all very magical.















Coming back it was a short week off before work. Although I did have to do some work as I am part of pitching some new work at a new client.....hoping to win this so I can move off HP into something new.
Sharene and I also did the Chocolate run. A 5k/3miler in Golden Gate Park. It was great fun, albeit with an early start but nice bonus at the end.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: