Sunday, November 25, 2007

Part 1 - busy times

Because it's been a while and I haven't updated I"ve broken this into two parts........one of which I wrote a few weeks back but hadn't posted! Work has been a rolling ride as the program figures itself out. Good learning and, while I am tired at the end of the week (with the commute making for an 11 hour day) I'm learning alot. It helps that I have generally taken a far more relaxed view of life - although I still have my moments. I really do need to start to think a little more about what happens next but in the mean time I'm rolling with it.
I've been having some fine adventures too. Last week Sharon, Alex (her son), Michelle and I headed off to the football. This was very fab and Sharon had got us seats very near the field and one of the goal lines. All the pomp and ceremony with brass bands etc etc and the game itself proved to be quite exciting. It was, however, raining, so we all ended up very sodden along with the other 80000 people who pack into the stadium. Michelle commented that we were looking at the population of Whangarei - although I did point out that more people in this crowd were likely to be employed! For the record "we" lost.
The day before we went to the Bee movie, which was quite funny (although not as funny as Shrek), it was light and entertaining. On Sunday we went dog walking and generally lazed around. Although I did spend an hour or so installing a new outside sensor light at Sharon's house - love playing with electricity!!! Not so much actually but it was kind of fun to figure it out.........I am easily entertained. Michelle and I drove back to Santa Cruz in the evening, after Sharon cooked a yummy dinner. All and all a fun weekend.
During the week Michelle and I went to a poetry reading by Adrienne Rich. This was amazing as both Michelle and I had been introduced to her political thinking in our first year at University. She is clearly a very smart, funny, insightful woman. After the reading we headed out to a very yummy Japanese restaurant.


No comments: