Sunday, February 10, 2008

ifly

Still getting over being sick but much better! Went to ifly and it was amazing, odd, outside the box.......well worth the trip. It's not like parachuting as there isn't a moment when you fling yourself out of the plane. But it is a blast - well a wind blast - the instructor is in there with you. When you have your body at the right angle you can fly alone - otherwise you need him to adjust your body position....it was odd but fun! And I confess......I'm am a little sore the day after - muscles long unused and I'd still rate myself as fitter than many....but clearly not as fit as some.....okay maybe even a lot of others! Hrumpf.
Elections trundle on and it's deeply fascinating to watch it roll out. Because I don't have a television I get quite a different view of it........TV news reporting here is appalling. Here's a fascinating thing. I've never had an ounce of fascination around celebrity reporting but have become much more interested. Why? I have a theory. On a daily basis I am bombarded with news - information - complexity - stuff and more stuff. Celebrity news is easy, lite (although it is shocking to think that hollywood is probably the only industry in the western world that would tolerate such a high rate of "accidental" deaths............and feel compelled to do nothing about it).
We've broken the back of the bad weather. Nice. Today Alex, Sharon, Maddie and I went to a dog park on the bay - it was lovely. Just to be outside. Kite flyers in abundance including a group of four who flew their kites in formation. I have a stunt kite in NZ that I brought in Montreal many years ago. I'm going to buy another one - I felt strangely envious watching the kite flyers today!
We're off to Tahoe (snow country) on Thursday. Going to try snow shoeing. Will take my camera - I promise to load up some photos. Maddie is coming along and it will be her first time in the snow!

No comments: