Monday, November 24, 2008

Unexpected guests and Thanks Giving

Had an unexpected visitor over the weekend. Sim happened to be in San Fran so she drove through on Friday and we hung out through Saturday. Sim was a pal back in the Auckland days. It was fun, haven't seen her in over two years. She's been working in Madison but this is the first time we've been in touch. We ended up going to a great local restaurant (2mins from my house) called the Drunk Monkey. Kind of Asian Fusion food - very pleasant. Saturday we met Michelle and Marcia for breakfast at another local haunt. We then walked the beach and strolled into town.
Sunday I did some shopping and then went to Marcia and Michelle's for a BBQ....easy to tell they are back in town, my social life has picked up considerably.
I've had several work dinners which have been fun but make for a long day as they are inevitably in San Jose.
Thursday is Thanks Giving and Ruby has invited me (well I slid in on the M&M invite) to come up to San Fran for Thanks Giving dinner. We are going to head up Wednesday and hangout until Friday. Going to stay in Oakland. I haven't been to SF for quite a while so should be fun.

No comments: