Saturday, January 17, 2009

Back to everyday life

Well Xmas seems like long ago.  This week proved to be, I think, the busiest week I've had at work yet.    Mostly it was driven by needing to pull together a very complex, high risk message that was being sent out to senior executives.  I double teamed it with my sponsor comms developer - what that really means is that I gathered the info and she did the writing.  The great thing is that she is very good at what she does, calm and keeps a sense of humour!  Concurrently I have caught a cold so, as much as I liked the idea of working from home all week, it wasn't to be. Now it's Saturday and I have been able to stop and I am not sure if I feel better or worse for the pause.
Weather here is spooky warm, like in the 70s.  I so want to be out on the bike but don't think it's a good idea to be riding when I don't feel well.  Best of all, Michelle has moved into her new apartment and it comes with a covered park so I am going to move the bike there for the "winter".  
I am looking forward to watching the inauguration - history in the making and I'm very interested to hear what Obama has to say.  Given the economy I don't envy him, expectations for change are very high here.

No comments: