Saturday, January 31, 2009

Farewell January

January has flown by and with its end comes the biggest IT release one of the programs I manage comms for has.  That has meant craziness as emotions are high (hard to think about IT changes like that I know!) and everyone is working incredibly hard.  It's exciting and stressful (well I guess the stress is part of the excitement....in my mind anyway).  It does mean I am staying in San Jose Sunday night and working with one of my developers to make sure we get messages out etc etc etc.  I can't believe how much I have learnt about all this.   Given I have never worked in high tech before it's been an incredible learning curve.  I still feel very lucky to be here and more than startled at where I have landed!  
I am getting to do some fun creative stuff at work too.  We are pulling together our team profile for my bosses boss.  He is an amazingly energetic, outgoing, competitive smart guy. Wants everything yesterday and inspires you to want to deliver it yesterday.  To create the profile we are doing online videos and creating very cool graphics to go with it.  I have never seen myself as a marketer but at various times I have the opportunity to get a little creative, it's fun.
Last night Michelle and I went to an Amy Ray concert - she was fab!  Santa Cruz is a pretty laid back town so the show was almost like watching a band rehearsal.  Interesting crowd to, she's got quite a girlie following.
In April I am catching up with some of the NZ gals in Palm Springs - we are going to the Dinah Shore Weekend.   It is, basically, a four day girl party.  Not usually my thing I gotta say but I figured if the pals are coming from NZ I could at least make the effort to get over myself and hangout.  Thanks to Sim we have found a fab house to rent.   Pool and spa of course....very nice!
So life isn't all work....








No comments: