Friday, October 02, 2009

No more glasses, no more contacts

On Thursday I had the laser surgery and it's .... amazing.  I went in Wednesday for an assessment then asked when I could have the surgery.  If I could make it in the next day they would give me a discount of $200, bingo, no brainer, I'll take the money.  Whole procedure took 10mins - four hours of needing to keep my eyes pretty much closed and I was out for dinner and today (Friday) seeing clear as.  Goes up and down apparently but, here's the cool thing - they offered me mono-vision. Basically one eye is set for distance and the other for up close.  That way I won't have to have reading glasses in the future.  Some people find the whole thing too disorientating but I tried it out using some glasses and it was fine, didn't make me nauseous at all.  Anyway, nothing like spontaneously having eye surgery.

No comments: