Sunday, October 30, 2011

Back on the running train

I've had a great weekend! I did do my 9 miler on Saturday and felt pretty good. It was hot and my goal was to just chug it out. It's my longest run since Berlin so I was happy with it. Michelle and her friend came over Saturday night for a bbq and Irene and I double teamed (that mean's Irene did the bbq and provided some yummy bread and I assembled various other foods). That makes two dinner parties I have had (well three if you count the first time Irene came down for dinner). It was all very nice and easy.
Today I went with Irene and Lotte to Fort Funston - this is always a lovely start to the day. Then I needed to go buy a hairdryer so I put my running shoes on and ran the 2.5 miles there and did stop/start running back. This is part of the new regime of getting used to running on tired legs. It's making me so happy to be out running again on a regular basis. It really helps to ease the stresses of day to day living (read work) and has me reengage with the city as I hit the pavements.
Hmmmm well and I've finally had to concede that I've lost my i-pod.....arrrrrrrgh, seriously I don't know where. I guess "things" leave you when they should so I dropped some cash on getting a new i-pod nano, headphones (same as the last pair, they are the best for running) and an armband to carry it in. Kind of excited to have it arrive now.
The weather here is insanely good, after having been so mediocre for the past weeks. Making the most of it and not really enjoying how early it gets dark. I am back to leaving home in the dark and arriving home in the dark....bleech. Although I did get to enjoy a very gorgeous sunset as I ran the ponds close to work last week. It's so much easier for me to run in Sunnyvale rather than drive home and put my running gear on. It's all flat so I work the hills more in the weekend.
This week we have a team dinner on Wednesday, in San Fran so that's nice. I really do enjoy the team dinners but it's hard going when we have the dinner and I still have to drive at least 45mins to get home. I take the commute distances for granted now but not because it's easy so much as I'd rather live in the city and commute than live in the valley!

No comments: