Friday, November 11, 2011

Ugh

Work is stressful as we head into our big release.....really it's not big like the Cisco days but big because it's big in the context of the work we are doing (okay I think that whole sentence probably doesn't make sense.....enough to know work is BIG). I've all but committed to buying a treadmill. It's now dark when I leave the house and dark when I get home. I'm also going to join the local gym (two short blocks away) so that I don't lose all my fitness over the dark winter months. Not running is depressing.
Simple things are making me happy. For the first time in along time I have heating in my house that I can turn on and the house is cozy within 5 mins (bonus for Irene, all the heat goes upstairs, she might be enjoying a sauna). We appear to be beating the Raccoon who wants to make sashimi of the fish. They are clever little shites, work'n it though, determined not to have "it" win. Lotte still hangs at my house (sitting with me on the couch as I type, which is sweet - like being a god parent or aunt, lots of the benefits but none of the real responsibilities!) I'd love to have my own little dog too but nothing about my lifestyle makes it work, nor would be fair at this point. One of those moments where you can't have everything (Lotte would have to like him/her of course!!!).
I think this weekend is going to be about work - well I know it. The list of "to-dos" is long and the timeline short.....good times.

No comments: