Monday, May 06, 2013

Back to work, not quite running....but close

Today was my first day back at work.......drinking from the fire hydrant.....no commute this week which was/is good as getting back into it is tiring.  I'm being philosophical about the nonsense.

My plan is to start the running regime again this weekend.  I did a "baseline" run at Sharene's before my op.  I'm going to use it to measure my fitness and progress.  I miss running and being in the world in that way.  Running is challenging; but post op recovery makes me very protective of my body so it's a journey back to health and I'm not about to screw it up by getting out there too early.  I do feel 100% better than I did.  Laughing too as  I am getting the night sweats but not so terrible......I do get some flushes too.  So my body is changing. I'm just looking forward to feeling 100+%.

Sharene and I have signed up for a 5 miler at Big Sur.  This is fun and funny; Sharene loves that area but she hates running!  She does like exercise though.....we hike (that's day walking for the kiwis) a lot, which I love as she's taken me to some awesome places.  For non-runners the 5 miler is a very manageable walk or walk/run. I don't much care, it will be lovely to do it together and I love the area and couldn't do the run I'd signed up for earlier this year because of the op.  I do love to plan ahead!


No comments: