Sunday, September 08, 2013

Seven years- it's your lucky lucky day

Here we are again....anniversary time.  Every year on the day I arrived in the US I try to take time to reflect on where I am and where I have been. Well I am actually a day late, I arrived on Sept 7, 2006.
The last few years seem to have moved me in leaps and bounds.  I've been two years in my house; startled to think that I can actually own a house in San Francisco!
My job has taken me so far professionally I am equally startled to think I have it and I am rapidly heading into having this be the longest time I've spent working anywhere.  All going well I don't see anything changing so I might be celebrating another record.
Running.....it's not like I had never done this but never thought I would be a marathoner, let alone an ultra marathoner.  Today it's a journey back from the op and putting my back out but I am back on a training plan and working my way to the Nike Women's Marathon.  Iconic in San Francisco and fortunate to get in as it is a lottery, complete with Tiffany's necklace at the end (needless to say already claimed by someone).
Then the best, most surprising and delightfully happy making thing....Sharene and the kids.  Sharene because she is so kind, sweet, creative, smart and funny.  The kids, because they are equally smart, funny, creative and engaging.  I can't say I predicted this one.
I am happy in my world!

No comments: