Thursday, September 07, 2006

It's your luckee luckee day.........

So said the very very welcoming customs/home security guy who processed me through the immigration queue! Duly noting my “lucky number” had come up he even thanked me for waiting as he parallel processed a whole bunch of other people ahead of me in the queue – all taking less than half an hour. Mum was hardly processed when I popped out the other end complete with stamp confirming I was officially legal to pay tax (assuming a job of course!).
Arrived to a balmy 18c into the worlds tiniest, but cheapest, room in downtown San Fran……….surreal surreal surreal (tinge of sad – not all that I had anticipated for this moment but, still, overall the warmest welcome one could hope for).
Quick sluice and the mother and I headed out in search of matches………it’s the little things that prove the most difficult……..food and a vino (well it was late evening at home). Eventually found ourselves sitting in Union Square in a very familiar space – we have both been here together before. Enough to say my very petit mother and I consumed half a panini each and two glasses of wine, then proceeded to stumble around trying to keep track of where the hotel was and, eventually, succumbing to it being midnightish at home. Not quite ready to give up we got ourselves a bottle of Teresa Raiz Pinot Grigio (yes T, tipping the hat to you), figured out how to get something other than pay TV and I sat through the mother watching Andre Agassi and Baghdatis play tennis………I told you my life has got surreal.

1 comment:

Jody said...

Ha - just goes to show that midgets are welcome everywhere!