Saturday, January 20, 2007

Presidential candidates and more snow

The obsession with the next Presidential election has begun in earnst. Hillary Clinton has finally declared her intention to run. It's a strange process, potential nominees declare there intention to explore the possibility of running! It all involves big bucks and lots and lots of politiking so it will be interesting to watch from inside the border.
This guys also thrown his hat in. He comes across quite well but does seem very young, hasn't been in the Senate long - very very different from Clinton too! People either love her or hate her, no middle ground according to polls.
I don't think the Republicans have come up with anyone yet. The Democrats have a couple of other nominees in the running too so I think they are just trying to freak the Republicans out by bombarding them with "possibles", while the Republicans are struggling to come up with anyone credible.
We've just had another dump of snow too - B&K tell me this is the biggest snow New Mexico has seen in 50 years (love being around when records are set!). It is freaking everyone out though as not everyone in the State is geared up to handle this (including some of the towns that only have one snow plow, that they've never used and don't really have a plan for managing this much snow). Nice from where I sit though.
I am still aiming for San Fran, just have to get a few things organised, meanwhile I am painting the inside of the bunkhouse with Wendy, who manages the stables and the bunkhouse amoung other things. It's a big job I have to say!
Nothing much to report. The second episode of the L-Word was marginally better than the first but not really capturing me yet. New characters have started to arrive but too soon to know if that will work........they haven't really reestablished the old characters yet (see I am not shy I could be a TV reviewer - okay maybe not, too subjective.......).

No comments: