Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Daily life

Time is moving quickly and Xmas looms. Nice really as I'm such a sucker for all the Xmas lights, the tree etc etc etc. Every night I drive home past a park that has a massive light display with pirate ships, palm trees, animals etc etc. It's a drive through display so I only see it flashing past between the trees as we drive home on the freeway. Still it never fails to captivate me.
Last weekend we went and saw American Gangster. It's a really long movie and a true story. It was good as far as it went but not one of my favourites. Even though I don't have a television one show I have become obsessed with is Dexter. The story line sounds odd "Orphaned at the age of three and harboring a traumatic secret, Dexter (Michael C. Hall) was adopted by a Miami police officer named Harry Morgan who recognized his sociopathic tendencies and taught him to channel his gruesome passion for killing and dissecting in a “constructive” way: by killing only heinous criminals (such as mob assassins and serial killers of the innocent) who have slipped through the justice system. To satisfy his interest in blood and to facilitate his own crimes, Dexter works as a blood spatter analyst for the Miami police." It really is very good and Dexter is a strangely likable character.
Some adventures planned before Xmas, including going to a dance this weekend and a basketball game the following weekend. We had the consultants xmas function on Monday and I won a door prize.........cool. It was a book voucher so I gave it to my flatmate (poor student so I figured she'd get more out of it). My rideshare is so sweet, she stayed an extra hour and a half later to wait for me so I could go to the Xmas party! Not sure what the break is over Xmas - given it's not that big here. Some weeks I get to work from home (or Sharons) on Fridays so that's a break from the commute.
I am glad I have the exercyle and I have been using it. My gimpy leg needs the exercise and it makes me much happier to feel that I am at least putting some effort into being/staying fit!!! Life is happy - although expect to hear about more changes in the New Year, I haven't quite finished moving around as I need to move closer to the job (or whatever job I might have).

No comments: