Friday, December 21, 2007

Making an elf of myself and other stuff

Never let it be said that I can't dance and get into the Xmas spirit. I just made a total elf of myself: http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1671421541 .
It's been a busy few weeks combining hardwork and some adventures! On the adventure front I went to an NBA basketball game between the LA Lakers and the Warriors (local team). WOW. It was amazing. The Warriors won by two points after having lost the eight previous games to the Lakers. Around 21,000 people filled the stadium and, as we arrived, everyone was given a Warriors teeshirt. It was Sharon's treat and she had arranged for Alex to bring his friend Justin (who thought I was an exchange student at College!). Long games they play here - the whole thing took 2.5hrs but there was lots of entertainment. I was sporting a cold so was a little subdued but enjoyed it all.
Work's been busy and I've been thinking about what I really want to be doing. Things will change a lot in the New Year but I'm relaxed about it. For Xmas I am heading to Walnut Creek and Michelle is going to come too. I get to work from home all week so that's grand (no such thing as boxing day here of course). Sharon's invited some friends over and Alex joins us for the second half of the day. I'm looking forward to food and festivities.
My birthday was really nice too. I had the day before off work and stayed at Sharon's ,had a lovely dinner and headed back to San Jose for work the next day. Michelle and I then went out for dinner at a local restaurant I've been wanting to try. All very nice. On the 29th Sharon is taking me on a "unknown" adventure as well.
I'm still looking at bikes and aiming to buy one in the new year. It won't be the tourer yet but Brice and I have come up with a clever way I can have a real touring bike.......get a side car. As tall and strong as I am I really couldn't see how I could actually holdup one of the big touring bikes - Brice and I hit on the sidecar idea at almost the same time. It's a fantastic option and means I can get a real tourer. They add a bit to the overall price but I'm not looking to buy for another year so have time to save pennies and build by credit rating.
Life here moves along quickly and I am feeling very settled. Can't quite believe we are back at Xmas and what a different place I am in. I'm not going away for the holidays but will look for a few local adventures. I've never actually been to Alcatraz but I am going to give a trip to Alex for Xmas so we will all make a day trip of it. Hope everyone has a great break (it's a little cooler here but no snow.......at least that part of life in California is proving correct......but it does rain - although not often). Merry Xmas all.

No comments: