Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Doin stuff

So I am just back from a week in NZ - had a grand time. Flew over to surprise my mum for her birthday. Spent time in Auckland, Napier and Wellington. Family time included a very lovely visit to Kathy and Janine's holiday home (check out this months NZ House and Garden article on the Sharing Shed). Although it was a very brief trip it was lovely to catch up with people where I could (and they could, everyone is busy). This is the first time I have visited since I left nearly 3 years ago - I did feel like a tourist and the nicest part was realizing that I now get the best of both worlds..........and right now I get the best of a California summer (I'm not going to mention the rain rain rain.......NZ was lovely and green though).
Now that I'm back and it's summer I'm planning a few new adventures. Biggest one is I am going to try and finish my helicopter pilots license. I am currently checking out a few places and have found one that teaches in the same helicopter I have already flown solo in. I need to find out if I can credit my other flying time - it's been several years since I've flown so will see how that all rolls out. I'm also keen to take up shooting (claybirds not animals) and have found what looks like a very fab club. They offer an intro course so will do that first.
Starting on the 19th I am house sitting a dog and three cats in San Jose for two weeks. I'm going to bring the car and the bike over the hill so that I can ride to work (it's only 7 miles and it will be great fun to ride when the weather is good). It will be interesting to have a holiday away from the beach!
Summer is always a very inspiring time and the California culture is very active so it's not hard to feel motivated.

No comments: