Friday, June 24, 2011

Pride week, visitors and houses!

Okay been a little slack updating this week. unPC arrived safe and sound on Saturday and, after coffee at home we headed over to the Golden Gate Bridge so she could get the iconic Facebook shot.  Afterwards down to the Embarcadero to enjoy a seafood platter and some bubbles.  Most lovely to be sitting their enjoying the food rather than running past it!  She then had her Costco and Whole Foods experience, both a little overwhelming after a 12  hour flight. Sunday we drove to the outlet malls where unPC spent 6hrs acquiring shoes and clothing.  The place is huge, but at some point does induce burnout.  We then came home via Santa Cruz where we ate on the wharf and went on the wooden roller coaster.  Funny how familiar it is to me and now I can even recommend places for people to eat and play.
Back to work for me Monday with unPC going to my fav sports shop and wondering around the Mission.  Was lovely to come home to a home cooked meal.  Wednesday we had the builders inspection for the house.  Very detailed and took two hours but I feel like I know the place inside out now.  Only the second time I have seen her and I am still very delighted about the whole thing.  No show stoppers so we continue the process, including all that tedious information gathering for the bank.  Our account guy is nice so not complaining of course.
Today is Friday and I have had the day off.  It's been nice to putz around and do not much.  Michelle flys in tomorrow from LA to come play with us for Pride, should be a busy few days!!!!

No comments: