Saturday, March 10, 2012

New levels of running geek

Spot the socks! Actually not socks, more like "sleeves"!  This before I ran my 20 miler/32 km today.  I read about compression socks helping recovery and circulation and noted that some of the folk in the Ultra Running mag wore them so coughed up the cash and got some.......sold!  At the end of the 20 my legs felt way less fatigued than usual.  Also, and ignoring the TMI - my dodgy ankle would normally puff up quite alot after a long run....well any run really.  So, ignoring the veins, I thought I'd share the pic to the right post run.....woohoo.  Could also be partly attributed to the acupuncture I had on Friday.  That, among other things, focuses on circulation.  So, all up, most happy with the purchase and the fact that I felt no pain (well no more than to be expected) post the cortisone injection.  Tomorrow easier times......6miles/9.6km.

No comments: