Friday, March 02, 2012

Slacking.....

On the posting that is.  Not because nothing is going on but because I am waiting to see what is going on!  Hmm over the last week I've developed some kind of foot injury.  I've been doing all the "interventions" recommended but have now conceded and booked a podiatrist appointment (no small feat when you want one today.....well got one for Monday).  I am not sure what is going on, I am thinking tendons (please be tendons) rather than stress fracture.  I only ran once this week (8 miles) and am continuing to rest and try not to be too despondent.  Sadly I am feeling really fit and will no doubt be sad if this means time off running.  I know I know, I've been incredibly lucky on the injury front and I'm not being a total downer about it but but but....
Other things - last weekend went to dinner and to see Mama Mia with Irene and her folks.  Mama Mia is quite the trip.......really I just don't know what to say about it.  Irene and I laughed a lot and it's definitely designed to have you laugh in parts but the scripting is sooooo terrible with no segue-way into the songs. Really just plain odd and I honestly can't recommend anyone see it.
Quiet weekend, same ole same ole......although perhaps minus the running........

No comments: