Saturday, June 02, 2012

Fairly dull week, ending on a fun note

Week was a little dull, until Friday.  Best part of the week, Katy (Crazy Ironman Girl) was in San Fran for training on Friday and stayed over at mine Friday night and through Saturday.  Funny adventures were had as she lost her i-phone in the cab Friday morning. Several frantic instant messages later (we have IM on our work laptops) saw me heading down to the main office of the cab company lost and found (about 10mins from my house as it turned out)....this an adventure into a world I clearly wouldn't want to be part of on a regular basis.  Long story short, cabs are housed in a huge carpark behind two barrier arms; park outside and walk in to be confronted with the "grave yard" of taxis that have been in some pretty major smashes! Gruesomely cool to check it out thought. Look across a big parking lot  and still see no sign of anything resembling an office.  Look again to check where all the random bodies might be walking to....walk that way, still no signage to let me know where, exactly, I should be going.  Finally hit a building and look for signage, nada, nothing, zilch.  Give up and ask some random woman standing outside a door.  She sends me inside, upstairs (still no signs) into some kind of office area with a waiting room and a service window.  Random guy in waiting room asks me what I need, I start to speak and the famous "glazed" look comes across his face i.e. clearly does not understand my accent ay ay ay - here we go.  Anyway finally get to the guy behind the window, describe the phone and give the cab number.  He pulls one out and asks what the wallpaper shot is....OMG, I have no idea.  He shows it to me and it's some grid iron team - well Katy isn't exactly a GI girl, as far as I know and I most definitely don't know the security code so I have to say "hmmm, not sure".  Seriously it could have been someone else's phone for sure.  Long story short I end up calling her phone from mine to prove I know her.....he finally decides I'm good to take it and phone is secure (much to Katy's relief.).
Friday night me, Katy and Monica went to BlowFish for the most awesome Sushi and catching up.  Saturday Katy and I go on a 10 mile run (yayayayayaya to having my running buddy back) and then Irene, Katy and I go to our local cafe for lunch before Katy and I go to Sports Basement to spend lots of money on sporty type things.  It's been great to catch up with her again and Monica and I think we will head to San Diego  (where Katy lives) for the 4th of July.
Sweet little Henri is also staying so Irene on doggie watch and I'm the tag along.  Lotte is so sweet with Henri and plays with him - very cute to watch.

No comments: