Sunday, June 24, 2012

New Toy

I just bought a Garmin Forerunner 910XT.  It's way over specced for me and is really designed for the Ironman/Tri folk - measure all that swimming/biking stuff.  It's the latest fancy gadget (yeah, that title usually lasts about a week).  The main reason I bought it was because of the battery life, a whopping 20hrs.  Although I bet that doesn't apply when the GPS is on.  Now I am doing longer runs the battery life on my old Garmin isn't long enough.....seems at 5hrs it becomes somewhat unhappy so I did some research and kept coming back to this.  Best thing is I have used some rewards/recognition points I have accumulated with ACN, so it almost feels like I am getting it for free!  Can't wait for it to arrive in the mail.  I am going to try and actually learn all the relevant features this time so I get my money's worth.
Yesterday I ran 24miles/39km.  I completed the same run I did a few weeks back when I posted pictures.  I took a chunk of time off my previous run, I think because I actually paced myself better through it and had a better understanding of where I was going.  Unfortunately the bladder in my hydration vest sprung a leak - I didn't lose all my water but had very soggy shorts as it slowly dripped away.  The run itself is incredibly beautiful and really can't beat San Francisco on a good day.
This weekend is Gay Pride and I haven't really done anything.  Irene and I went to watch the Dyke March; best part being Dykes on bikes taking off at the start.  There were hundreds and hundreds of people so it was fun to watch.  Glad I was marching though (anyone can join in) as I was a little weary after my run.
Next week is my last week on my project and I still don't know if we got the other job yet.  It will be strange to leave everyone behind and the routines I have created (particularly running after work around the water treatment station).  I guess I will just have to create new routines.

No comments: