Tuesday, September 19, 2006

El Rancho

Have arrived in New Mexico to stunning weather and very comfortable lodgings. Have my own little house to live in (the Yellow House - picture to come later) that is located at Ranch Central, which is a little village of houses on the Ranch where the staff live, close to the stables (no I haven't ventured near the horses) and generally a very lovely place to be. Am sporting a good tan and feeling very relaxed and happy. K&B have given me a four wheel motorbike to get around on so all and all I am about as far away from life in Wellington as I possibly could be. Am going to start helping with chores (painting tomorrow....), get my social security number and drivers licence (yeech).
Got up at 5.30am this morning to go up the mountain (10400ft) with B so he could do some work on some satelite stuff (technical term) they use for comms at the Ranch. Apart from having a most spectacular sunrise the view was amazing - all the benefits of a long climb up a mountain without actually having to hike anywhere!

No comments: