Monday, November 20, 2006

Getting focused

It's been a busy few weeks. Still enjoying the great outdoors and working with Peter. Weather here is largely rain free, with clear crisp (and getting crisper) days. I am now getting pretty obsessed with finding work. If I don't get any traction soon I am going to re.locate to San Fran. Have gone off the East coast a bit having heard from some of K&Bs friends about the lifestyle. West coasters would seem to be way friendlier and much more easy going.
Figure I am more likely to get an interview if I am living in the city I apply for jobs in. I'll keep looking all over but have really started to focus on San Fran.
Having quite a blast from the past too as the Officer Cadet Class I was in had a class reunion (20yrs) last week. Got everyone's bios and it was amazing to see what people have been doing. Hope to get to see some photos too. Certainly made me reflect on how pivotal that year was in my life..............
Still having nice times with K&B and very grateful for all the support and advice they give (not to mention good food and wine). It's made the whole transition much easier and I feel very lucky to have family right here.
On a different note, best line yet from Peter: "Well what do you think, they going to toss a cheque into the casket, what goods that going to do you?". It wasn't in direct response to anything I had actually said but came on the end of one of his very well told stories - I should be taping them. This also from the man who is a model for how we should all plan for retirement.

2 comments:

Majik Lantern said...

Bernie said you were a star and Billy J was there. How cool.

Jody said...

Yes well very kind - I really am not as tall as they remember and Billy J is my personal star......he's gone on to do some very fine things...all very consistent with how I remember him to be!