Monday, November 20, 2006

In the interests of not being too serious

Some things you might not know about me (I stole this whole idea from someone else’s blog)
- My first hero was Peter Pan
- When I dream I always make myself fly
- I know when I am unhappy in my life because I can’t fly
- My most favourite thing (okay a big favourite thing) is to take myself off with a newspaper early in the morning, drink coffee and eat bacon and eggs………alone
- I came second in the trampoline competition at the rural school I attended when I was 11, I never got over second ‘cos I knew why I didn’t get first
- My favourite musical is Les Miserable….full of heroes, guns and revolutionary spirit
- My biggest fear in life is to not have lived it to the fullest – the secret source of my regular “I am giving up corporate life”
- The book that probably influenced me the most in life was “The silver sword” – which is all about children surviving war and was read to me when I was 9
- The book that taught me it’s okay to be obsessive was “James the Policeman” - I was probably 8 when I read it (go find it if you dare)
- The biggest love of my life was………..nah, now you are just being nosey

2 comments:

Majik Lantern said...

The things we just didn't know. Nothing much of influence past 9. Hmmm. What's that all about then?

Jody said...

The ancient Chinese considered numbers a mystical part of the universe. As an odd number, the number "9" belongs to the "yang" category, which represents strength and masculinity. The Chinese tended to view life diametrically. So when a change occurred in one aspect of life, that change was a result of a change in its opposite. Therefore, as a symbol of extremity, "9" in Chinese Culture is also a warning, a turning point........hey does that mean nothing has changed in my life since I was 9..........ohmigod I'm 39....wot would we have that mean then?