Friday, November 17, 2006

More adventures

It's been a while. Momentarily I almost thought no one was reading this at all (not that I am sensitive or anything and think that everyone should be wildly interested in me......) but that was really just feeling a little "on the other side of the world". Now that I have had some affirming emails and generally got over myself I am back.
The ranch had a visit last week so I headed off to Santa Fe for a few days (in the interests of keeping a low profile in advance of Thanks Giving when I will, hopefully, get to meet the owner). Santa Fe was just lovely and I have included some pictures on my newly created Flickr site (if you click on the link on the right you can have a look).
At least three real points of interest:
a. Santa Fe boasts the oldest church and the oldest house in the USA
b. The first Amercian Indian to be sainted was a women from New Mexico.
c. Everyone is very very friendly and chats away......I think it's the accent.
Given I was by myself I got over sitting in restaurants alone and happily sat at the bar drinking Margaritas and chatting with the odd person. During the day I wandered the streets and, predicatably, got a bit lost as I wandered into the 'burbs. Didn't matter as there is so much building going on there were dozens of people to ask if I really couldn't figure how to get back to the area I was staying in!
I stayed in an historic hotel that was very close to the tourist area so generally felt safe wandering the streets at night. I was in, what appeared to be, the Rugby (maybe gridiron?) Room, as it had old rugby photos and the wardrobe featured two players. All and all a very pleasant few days where I got to wear my new cowgirl boots (which I love very much) and pondered buying a cowgirl hat. Decided all shopping for clothes could wait for a. K to be with me, she is the style queen and b. getting a job!
On a different note the election is over and Bush (while taking the brunt of criticism for the massive defeat) has been remarkably articulate and "collegial" about the whole thing. Maybe he just gets that his presidency is all but over and he is unlikely to get anything significant done between now and the presidential election. Next big question is who will run for president? Is America ready for a female president (Hillary Clinton) or a black American man? Or, quite possibly neither......

2 comments:

Majik Lantern said...

Like you would go shopping for clothes by yourself. Ha. There's only so many things you can own that are black before people wonder if you came from a seminary or something.

Jody said...

Hmmm yes, true, not much black as I recall and I wasn't nearly confident enough to choose the cowgirl hat by myself!