Wednesday, October 03, 2007

It is San Fran after all

Last weekend we headed off to the Folsom Street Fair in San Fran; which kind of speaks for itself. This little group did a photo shoot and was among the tamer sights to be seen. I'll refrain from adding more - surf around in the link above to see more! Yes I have started work (and got a cold into the bargain). I haven't got a computer yet so mostly I am at meetings or doing not much else. The project is still in it's early stages so it is all chaotically familiar. Managed to find a woman in Santa Cruz to do a rideshare with so the commute is now only 50mins and she picks me up door to door. She sells commercial real estate and is well travelled so we talk alot - she's got a good sense of humour too so the trip flys by. I am still working on the book and will spend some weekend days updating and adding new chapters now that I have info from NZ. My motorcycle course starts in two seeks (yay.......if not a little scared). Because I can't help but obsess about it here is the bike I want to test drive once I get my license. I quite like the retro look and will get a windshield and saddle bags. Got the boots, now need the gloves and the rest of the outfit. I've been spending most weekends in Walnut Creek so have become an expert on all the public transport options available in the "bay area". Some I have discovered are very nice (read unlike Greyhound) and I overcame my brief fear of navigating the BART system (commuter trains) around San Fran, having realised how damn easy it is. Leaning how to use public transport (strangely) inspires self confidence I have to say. Last weekend I also went to my first baseball game. While "our team" (well you do have to back someone) didn't win I thought there were some good catches..........but was promptly informed that this really just showed that I haven't watched enough baseball (hard to argue). After the game there were fireworks - which were very impressive particularly as, once they had roped off parts of the field, we were able to go and sit around the baseball diamond. The grand adventure continues. Next I want to go to a football match and then ice hockey!

No comments: