Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Still holidaying

I am waiting for my background check to come through so haven't started work yet....now each day feels like a special holiday! I might have found a rideshare too. Found a website that connects people and got an email from someone who lives around the corner and commutes to San Jose every day. The joy of a rideshare (apart from not having to use public transport) is that you only need two people in the car to use the car pool lane - very helpful as it is a very busy road!
I went to San Fran (well Walnut Creek.......one date now having turned into several more) for the weekend and had a fab time. Went and watched this movie. It is very very funny in that fab english humour kind of way. We also wandered into the Castro which is the queer centre of San Fran. The streets and bars were packed - mostly with gay men but best of all was the group of guys wearing pink bunny suits just standing on the corner waving and wishing everyone a happy day; no reason, just because they could! Sat in the back of a very funky wineshop and sampled so very good reds as well - had a nice time all up. Ended up in The Haight which is a very lively eclectic mix of shops and restaurants ranging from punk rocker through to good quality (expensive) shoes. All very visually interesting and a bit wacky.
It's been a movie week as Michelle and I also went to see Jodie Fosters new movie The Brave One. Not one of her better ones as it plays the usual formula that she has been running with for a while (you know, nice girl finds her inner badness.......but really she's not so bad even as she goes around killing people......). Certainly didn't prompt any deep reflection by Michelle or I.
I am also wildly excited to report that my new motorcycle boots have arrived - and most likely would have saved me from a foot munching had I worn them some years back. I really am very happy with them. My course starts in mid October and I am simply obssessed by any and all bikes I see on the street (although in the main in Santa Cruz there really do only seem to be Harley's although I do live down the road from the Harley shop so that may account for the numbers I am seeing). The Harley shop recommended the course I am doing - run through the local college. The college provides the bikes and helmets - no idea what size or type of bike. I am hoping they will be bigger bikes (ie 600 versus 250s) just because I am buying a bigger bike. Time will tell I guess.

No comments: