Saturday, March 12, 2011

21m/33k.....kick arse day

Yeah well that title makes it sound like it didn't actually hurt like hell at the end.  Cripes those last few miles were tough.  Still I am in better shape than I was for New Orleans (bless my new running buddies who are keeping me totally honest about clocking miles).  I gotta say to that as I hit the last four and felt less than delighted to be slogging it out I pondered on Japan and the chaos and how privileged I was to be able to do this at all!
Tomorrow I am off for a shorter run in Golden Gate (not kidding, my program really does say run 21m then the next day run 6....although I think we are doing 5....I can't remember and I am not in charge of the Golden Gate park runs, which is a total delight).
Work was variously challenging this week with one person being downright mean (I hate meanness and all the energy it takes to slap back....because if you don't they just get to think that behaving that way is okay.....when it's not).  Wasn't my team btw, they are a delight.
Daylight saving starts this weekend - yippee, Spring forward and enjoy the longer daylight hours as I am tired of leaving home in the dark and arriving home in the dark and it means I no longer have to run in the dark, which is kind of yuck and a little bit scary if I think too much about it.

No comments: