Saturday, March 19, 2011

Upping the stakes

.....or really lost my mind!  I've been researching the Ultra's and have decided that I need to do a 50miler/80k rather than the 50k/31 miler.  Just seems to me that I am giving myself a whole year to train for this thing and adding 5 miles to the marathon doesn't seen like it quite fits the bill!  I'm still reading up on things but have volunteered to help at two Ultras this year....one of which I think is the one I might like to do next year.  I'm madly excited about the whole thing.  It seems like such a grand goal and so exciting.  Reading some of the blogs and advice that's out there I had to laugh when someone mentioned that marathons will become a "training run"...... Sobering moment too when Irene mentioned imagining getting to the marathon distance and thinking "wow gotta do about that whole distance again....".  Still it's all becoming a done deal in my mind and now it's just about planning how to get from here to there!

No comments: