Saturday, March 05, 2011

Awesome random luck!

Yesterday Gwenda did her Ironman and I was following her on the race tracker i.e. shows her progress based on split times through the swim, bike and run (btw for those that don't know an Ironman is:  2.4m/3.86k swim, 112m/180.25 bike and 26.2m/42.2 run).  Eventually I figured she was in the last 6 miles and based on the time she must be close to finishing.  I went back on line and looked at the site, they had a live feed of the finish line!  Seriously up-close and personal I watched as various competitors were channeled down the single finishers lane across the finish line, where you watched them get bundled up by officials.  15mins in there was Gwenda!  I spotted her before they called her name and then watched her run across the finish with this huge grin, it was totally awe inspiring to watch.  Weather in Taupo was seriously yuck yesterday so everyone was sodden, albeit elated.  Random luck, what are the chances of logging on at just the right time.  It was a delight to see!
On a slightly less awe inspiring note it's a gorgeous day here and I am waiting for my new running buddy to come pick me up so we can go running in Golden Gate park, not an Ironman, but comes with it's own little inspiration along the way.

No comments: