Friday, April 22, 2011

New role, same client and out socializing

This week took an unexpected and rapid turn as I took on a new role on my project (well more correctly added a role!).  The person who was doing the role unexpectedly left and.....yeah you got it, guess who has comms experience?  I got asked to step into it "in the interim".  I have to say taking on the comms role doesn't exactly rock my world (although there is alot to take on) but I am the logical person to do it (given it also has to be ramped up quickly it's also my bread and butter world).  I've still got my other role (at least for now) so juggling two jobs.  Oh well, never said I joined A. for an easy life did I.
Also went out to some fab SF haunts this week.  Tuesday off to the Monks Kettle which has the largest beer selection I've ever seen.  Funky, humming place, jam packed with trendy and not so trendy folk.

Wednesday was a work dinner and drinks.  Excellent fun.  First up was the Wexley, which is billed as a BBQ joint....yeah, not like BBQ I've been to.  Totally up market and delightful, how does "fancy" scotch eggs followed by Bass on pulled pork sound????  Cool decor too (don't go looking for me in this photo, it's from their website.  Check out the roof, they have this cool "sculpture" thing going on.  After the Wexley it was off to Rick House Bar.  I liked this place, it was like being in a barn.
For reasons that escape me "we" ordered the Gold Fish Bowl.....kind of odd but very drinkable!  Anyway, predictable late night followed by an early morning.  I am very glad to have hit Friday, although did have to commute down to Sunnyvale (although in the end could have stayed in SF as none of the rest of the team were there!

No comments: