Saturday, April 09, 2011

Rumor is....

The lack of photos is making my blog very boring........
Today, Bernal Heights (where's Lotte?).  Pop it out and look for the red brick buildings, that's about where I live. Bernal offers totally awesome views of the city (spectacular sunsets too).  Only a 4 mile return trip from home (some times I run here).  Today it was over the top windy, reminded me of Wellington (and exactly what I don't miss about that!).
Week was mad, crazy busy.  Work full on, drinks with Melissa (worked with her on my last Cisco account) at this crazy little wine bar, in an old cottage in Palo Alto, on Tuesday.....cottage all original and like arriving in someone's batch.....no sign of renovations either.  Wednesday client drinks....omg so fab when they organize, left the office at 4pm. Drinks and nibbles in a little bar in Mountain View (the home of Google).....then off to a very fun wine bar in Dogpatch (near home) for drinks with Kayley.  Tuesday & Thursday up at 5am to run.  Enough to say that by Friday I was beside myself with tired!
Best discovery of the weekend.  Big Sur Marathon is coming up, I booked my accommodation last year at this nice hotel in Monterey (where the Aquarium is that I've talked about before).  Turns out I booked for both the Friday and Saturday night......yippee, lovely indulgence as I also decided to take the Friday off (race is Sunday) so I could be all relaxed.  Now I can drive down Friday afternoon, chill out, go pick up my race packet Saturday and be all ready to run Sunday......schweet!

No comments: