Saturday, May 07, 2011

Adventuring

The week proved to busy with work sucking up a huge part! That said I have some adventures planned. On Friday night I am off to LA to go on my annual shopping spree with Michelle - time for a new wardrobe. Staying through Sunday so a chance to spend some chill time too.
At the end of the month Karen and Brice are passing through on their way back from NZ so taking the Friday off to catch up with them. First weekend in June down to Santa Cruz for the half marathon and SC Gay Pride....me, Irene & Lotte and Marcia. Irene not running but Marcia and I are. Following weekend Katy and I are off to Idaho to Coeur d'Alene. Katy's ironman is at the end of June and she wants to check out the 112mile bike course (as in bike it!) and swim in the lake that is part of the course as well. She invited me along and, as you can see, CDL is gorgeous, reminds me a lot of Queenstown. We fly out Thursday night and back Sunday. Plan is she does her training thing and I'll go on a scenic trail run and sightsee. I think it's going to be fun and a new place to adventure. Following weekend unpclesbian arrives for the week leading into SF Gay Pride. All up some busy social times and work not showing signs of slowing down.
July/August I am going to do a four week three days a week Bootcamp. This involves an hour long class from 530am to 630am. This in the hope of getting stronger for the Berlin marathon. I'd love to run a 4hr marathon. It's flat so possible if I get more focused about training, build my core and do some speed work. Although Katy will have done her ironman by then I am hoping she's onto something new and hangs in there as my running buddy two days a week.....she's good at the speed work and keeps me honest!

No comments: