Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Confessions of a shopping incompetent and her trusty side kick!


Totally awesomely successful weekend in LA!!!!  Michelle a total star, had done the research and, I think, even exceeded her own expectations.  For those not in the know, I hate hate hate shopping for clothes for me ('lil more patient when hosting others, but seriously hate shopping for myself).  Really brings out the worst in me in terms of lack of patience, hating my body shape and and and.  At 44 I know these things and, lucky me, so does Michelle.
Arrived in LA 9ish Friday night.  Flew Virgin America so flying was a total delight.  We started Saturday leisurely (M has THE most comfortable inflatable bed I've ever met....seriously).  We both have i-pads and have become a little addicted (okay alot) to some of the very fun game apps. So needless to say, coffee in hand it was kind of easy to start the day slow as we both happily played away in our own little world.....although I did introduce M to a very fun and kinda difficult game that even had her stumped at times (this is not a easy thing as M is very good at those puzzles!).
Anyway, post that start we walked (yeah, that's amazing too in LA) around the corner and wandered into one shop that didn't quite fit the bill (well for me at least.....), then just around the corner......jackpot! M threw me into a changing room and kept the clothes coming (she was soooooo good the shop guy got it and just let us go for it.....and we did.  Walked out with the haul......shopping done (well mostly, those shoes came from some place else that included some GREAT street entertainment, this easy to come by in LA).
Shopping done we chilled and Saturday night went to the movies to see Thor - easy fun and way too much popcorn!  Sunday we headed out for a late brunch before I flew out.  Ended up at The Abbey which is a nice queer hangout - easy times.   Back to SF, most happy.

No comments: