Friday, January 13, 2012

Back in the US of A

I'm home and delighted to discover that I have my own little community here too.  It's not got the history of NZ but it's been a very sweet landing both at home and work.  At home Irene and Lotte picked me up at the airport. Lotte was all squeaky and sweet (Irene didn't squeak but was smiley!). It was lovely to be met then whisked back to my little house......all tidy and neat after friends of Irene's stayed.  I do love my little house and my "neighbours".
NZ was a total blast, I didn't get enough time with anyone really; but enough time with everyone to know that I've got some great peeps around me!  The family were great and I love the "Havelock" house.  It's peaceful surrounds and it's calm beautiful interior.


Getting ready to shoot!
Jam on it!
This is Dudley and Buster (above).....they are supposed to be "miniature" somethings.....not so much of the miniature!
Me and Jam went shoot'n. Claybird shooting in the "backyard". Awesome fun with some very beautifully crafted rifles and the  scariest little mechanical thing that flings the clay birds!!!!!
Awesome view

Doing the biz

Is it bad to say that I do really love shooting.....not animals, but targets!
Jam and I went on a 14k (8.5m) bike ride too.  Seriously I don't bike so that was was all a little freaky.  We were on mountain bikes too but on the road, I am more comfortable with them.  I was really not at all sure that after the ride I could make it back up the driveway to the house without getting off and pushing (well that would be a little humiliating, right?).  As it turned out running has put me in good stead and the gearing on the bike meant I did actually make it up the hill.....lowest gear, Jamnie was about three gears higher....cripes.  Still it was really lovely to get out there and spend the time chatting and loving the rural atmostphere.

Travelled all over NZ and had a great time. NZ is always a little complicated for me as I have different groups of pals to catch up with.....more later.


No comments: