Friday, January 13, 2012

Meet the peeps

.....known these folk 20+ years.  I came out to these people, they were there, they'd been around, out long before I even thought about it.  I didn't need "It does get better" because  they were there and all mighty out when I came out......they were my people that told me it was okay.....and so much more!
We've all kept in touch, we are all friends but this New Year was the first time we've all been together in 15yrs.....before that Andy's 30th.  All of us have kept in touch individually and in random groups.  So much history.  It's kind of amazing and I gotta say I never did think I was even one centimeter shorter than the rest......I might have been though.....just a millimeter or two........
Andy, me, Rose, Michelle, Ruth
These are the people I've known since I was 22.........they've tolerated the best of me and the worst of me, they've laughed at me, celebrated with me and cried with me (well we've all kind've cried together at different times).  
P.S my mum told me recently if you have even one good friend you are lucky....you know I have these four and a couple more (at least one or two who read this blog).....talk about them/you later......no limit to good friends who I think have my back and I have yours......"It does get better".

No comments: