Sunday, July 29, 2012

Blew off the SF Half Marathon

Yesterday I went running in the hills of Oakland with a friend - turns out the route she chose is actually part of my upcoming 50k so gave me a taste of what to expect (heat being a key ingredient!).  Afterwards we sat and had a coffee; it was nice to have a running buddy as I seldom get to run with others these days.
Today I was supposed to run the SF Half.  Back story, I originally registered for the Full Marathon then, several weeks back decided to do the 50k.  Timing had it that I am actually starting my tapper towards to 50k in two weeks time so no way could I do the marathon then expect to do the 50k so I thought I would switch to the half.  Long story short, as I started to figure out getting to and from the race it all go complicated.  Finally it came down to "do I really need to get up at 430am in the morning to go run a half marathon?????".  Well the answer fairly quickly became NO.  Instead I got up at a civilized 8am and went and ran 10 miles (which was actually on the plan anyway).  So no race, but I did get the tee shirt (SF Marathon Tees are the best!).
Still not on a project.  It really is getting boring.  Bunch of stuff in the pipeline but need it to come through - it does unnerve me a little I have to say.  Got to trust the process and the partner who is driving this stuff that it will all work out in the end.
Nothing much else - counting down to 50k!

No comments: