Monday, July 16, 2012

Chugging along

I spent the weekend at a friends beach house near Santa Cruz. Met some new peeps and got two beach runs in! Had great fun and go to watch the dolphins feed/play.
Last week Irene and I went to this very cool garden shop; saw this



Plants available were real cool. Irene has a garden project, removing all the bark chips and laying down stones (that's where I come in!). Adding some new plants too.


All a work in progress, including replacing some rotting boards.
Been doing some little house things too, adding lamps and art to the dining - coming together nicely.


I've also been organizing for the 50 miler. Sadly Michelle can no longer commit to being support crew (have to provide you own support for the first 46 miles), so now it will be Katy, Irene and Marcia - so all still good. Without the crew I can't do the run so I'm really grateful that folk do what they can....they'll be awake as long as I am and will have their own boredom to deal with - remembering this starts at 10pm at night and will take me between 12 & 15hrs; it's a big ask! I've hired a mini van so plenty of room for gear etc. All starts to feel real.....and really not that long to go.
Have my 50k in four weeks time so that will be a test too and a good opportunity to learn some stuff. It's a trail run so, all going well I am hoping for something shy of 7hrs - 8hrs is the cut off. It doesn't sound much more than a marathon but it's all in the pacing and the degree of difficulty of the course - might be a very steep learning curve.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: