Sunday, August 26, 2012

Angel Island


I am waiting to head down to the Ferry to go for a run around Angel Island.
It's a State Park and I'm going with my new running buddy.  This is the second time we have run together  - she is training for a triathlon sprint event the weekend before my 50 miler, so she runs shorter distances.  I am going to run to the Ferry Terminal (5.5 miles) then catch the ferry and we will probably do 5 or 6 miles around the Island.
Last night I went to see Les Miserables, which is my all time favourite musical. Before the show we went to Le Colonial  for a light dinner.  Described as Vietnamese French Cuisine it was a really lovely setting, that kind of made you feel like you were in Vietnam!
It's in a slightly odd setting down an alley way but a really delightful surprise when you enter; food was great.
Work wise I am now at HP in Cupertino.  Not quite doing the change work I have been doing.........I suspect I won't stay on this particular project for long but it is good to be at a different client.  We are in a "temporary" building as HP are moving to Palo Alto.  The Campus we are currently on is going to be demolished to make way for Steve Jobs (Apples) new spaceship/donut building.....surreal.
Including some random photos that I haven't shared before.
This is how the yard looks with the rocks, it's really nice and brightens the whole area.  We are going to replace the little stool, temporarily sitting on the deck, as it's rotting away!  Irene has been adding more plants too.

From the 50k, this was how they marked the track; pegging yellow ribbons along the way.  Unbelievably useful I have to say, there was more than one tricky turn in the trail and you really don't want to be running extra miles because you went off the trail.

Another shot from San Diego.  Here you really get to see just how "southern California" it is.  It was so hot I felt like I was on a tropical island.

This from yesterday out running to Sausalito  The America's Cup is in town and I spotted the kiwi boat among the many moored.  Coming back on the ferry we got to see some of the boats out training, very cool!






No comments: