Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Tapering.....

My 50k is two weeks away so I am tapering down the number of miles I am running per week.  It's weird going from 50+ miles down to 20-; not sure what to do with all this additional time!  I've maybe got a new running buddy, meeting on Friday to go for our first run.  She's training for her first triathlon so hopefully there is a click and more opportunities to run together.  Ran with someone else new last weekend too, that was fun.  It's not really easy to find people to run with, given I don't want to join a running group.  I am hoping at the 50k to at least talk to some other runners and start to meet people doing the sort of distances I am doing....get some good tips at the very least.
I've been following the Olympics on line - reading lots of the background stories of the athletes.  Hard to imagine the sacrifices every competitor has made to get there.  Kiwis seem to be doing alright, although I'm not sure what the expectations were going in.

No comments: