Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Didn't see that coming.....

Been a big week and it's only Tuesday!  Performance reviews aka laddering came out this week.  Davin called me first thing Monday to let me know how I had performed......it was all good THEN he told me I had been promoted......WOW.  Ummm, seriously unexpected.  I was so shocked and surprised that I was speechless on the phone for a while and I delayed my commute to work, couldn't quite believe the promo and had to think about it for a bit.  Funny too, I had to think about who I called/texted.  I didn't want to be a jerk but so wanted to share and make sure that I shared in the right way!  This promotion is kinda big; I had thought I was about to embark on a campaign for the next year to make the jump.  I'm not sure I still really get it and it probably sounds ridiculous....but this is a big leap in a kick arse, hardcore consulting firm.  It really does mean stepping up to the "next big thing".  I am not sure why I am compelled to keep on this corporate treadmill, but I am.  I still feel very privileged to be here. I do work hard but I've also met some incredible people and some of those people have just backed me, big time.  It's a fragile world though and you are only as good as your performance today.  I'm humbled (again) by my professional life.  I'd like to do those that backed me proud - 48hrs in and the demands/expectations have changed, gotta step up!

No comments: