Thursday, September 13, 2012

How life runs


This past weekend I was in Tahoe with Katy checking out the 50 miler course and running......The course is intimidating and I come out of the weekend feeling fragile.  It's the same feeling I had going into the NYC Marathon x 10.  I am unsure of my ability to complete this.  I have done the work, but not enough, never enough.....I am conscious of my imperfections.  This is a far bigger ask on many levels; it will happen overnight and into the following day, nutrition is key, I have a crew and will have to ask for their help and trust that they know when I need help (this the hardest thing of all).  Beyond my physical fitness my mental strength is strong, I am determined......but no less scared.  I am arranging it so there will be some real time blog updates.  NZ will be awake, so if you care to, you can follow the journey.  
I'll post photos of the weekend tomorrow, for now, sitting quietly in my corner.......

No comments: