Friday, September 21, 2012

Somewhat better

So I'm feeling 100x better today than I have for a week, almost human.  Of course that doesn't mean I haven't been working.  Today I signed on for a fun thing at work.  We run these business challenges at some of the universities we recruit from.  There was an opportunity to sign on as a coach to a group of Berkley undergrads who will compete in the challenge.  The idea is they have to build out a case study around a not-for-profit business problem and present out a "solution".  My job is to coach them in how to take a client focus and present.  They are real case studies so 10k is given to the nfp to help them implement the recommendations and team members get internships with the firm.  The whole thing appealed to me.  I really like coaching and it seems like this is something I might enjoy.  It's all part of our recruitment drive so also counts towards contributing to the firm overall......strange new world!
Tahoe is close and I now have a Race Plan designed to get me through the event.  Includes details on each leg of the event and where the support crew should meet me along the way.  I'm feeling more relaxed that eerie state of calm that inevitably lands where I am resigned to my fate and whatever will be will be.

No comments: