Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Keeping on


So I've gone through the various ups and downs of the post marathon phase.  Enjoyed some remarkable conversations with people and had some notable failures; it's just the way these things run.
I'm still debating the 50k on December 1.......need to get back into training.  Although I'm not at all sure how to train for it.
Work continues on and I still have a somewhat "odd" project role, but am learning alot, so not complaining and happy to roll with things.  I'm working with the largest tech company in the world as part of the largest consulting company in the world.....life is surreal.
I had a great dinner with my career counsellor and the guy who recruited me in to ACN.  He was a senior manager when I joined and is now a Senior Executive ("Partner").  Davin has proven to be the most amazing character in my life.  He has this unfailing belief in me and has never doubted I would be successful.  I was never really sure about his optimism from the first moment we had the "what do you want to do Jody" conversation; this before I went on the path to joining ACN.  
He also wanted to hear about the 50 miler.....something very personal.  I felt prompted to share in a way I don't often with those that aren't close.  He asked good, insightful and probing questions.  It is an American moment for me - these near strangers who haven't know me long but find a point of engagement.  
I've got another cold and seriously contemplating the flu shot (I battle this decision every year!).

No comments: