Friday, December 15, 2006

Santa is coming

Wow time is flying by. It's been a busy few weeks. Thanks Giving is over and I managed to get two Thanks Giving Dinners. Shared a lunch with the staff and them, very kindly, Renee and Eddie (who live and work here) invited me to their Thanks Giving dinner. They live in the house across from me. It was fab with them, their kids, Renee's dad and brother, their friend and his son. Food was as you would expect - lots of it! Had traditional "bean casserole" - sounds awful (actually it doesn't look fab either) but tastes very fine.........no idea why bean casserole is a traditional Thanks Giving dish.
We've also had K's birthday which rolled into a two day affair with staff morning tea, evening nibbles and bubbles one day and then off to Santa Fa for dinner the following night. Cocktails in a trendy, very modern looking bar then off to a lovely little restaurant in a traditional adobe. There are many bonuses in staying with "ex chefs" who appreciate good food and wine!
B and I got the Xmas tree and K and I decorated it. I also spent a day or two helping put up Xmas lights around Ranch Central. Makes the place very festive at night and all the staff decorate their own homes as well.
Spent an interesting few hours with a job search agency who (for a price) put together a marketing plan to get you a job (career planning). Gave me some really good ideas but at the end of the day "the price wasn't right" and it seemed to me that it wasn't all it appeared to be........good process though.
Got my first birthday card to be informed I was now a B.I.T.C.H (Babe In Total Control of Herself) - made me chuckle alot (thanks - you know who you are!).
K&B are in New York celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary - personally I've decided to credit my relationship longevity using hours as a measure...............it's all in the spin.
Peter and I are now painting rooms in the bunkhouse (no no bunks...............).
Have started the process for getting myself to San Fran so, on balance, I'm certainly not bored.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

5th decade is coming before Santa calls...

Jody said...

Indeed.........and I am waiting for the one present I asked for - snow. A storm is brewing and we've already had some flurries! Wouldn't that be fab - I get to be a B.I.T.C.H in the snow as I enter my 5th decade.